West Virginia Free Legal Answers is a website where low-income West Virginia residents can ask civil legal questions for free and request that a volunteer attorney respond to their question.
How the process works:
- Go to: wv.freelegalanswers.org
- Answer the eligibility questions
- Create an account.
- Submit ypur question.
You will receive an email when a response to your question is posted.
Get Your Legal Questions Answered.
On Tuesday nights from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., the WV State Bar operates the Tuesday Legal Connect. Volunteer lawyers take calls from the public, and offer suggestions and guidance.
What they can assist you with:
- Determining if you have a legal problem.
- Providing simple steps you can take to solve your problem without a lawyer.
- Determining if you need a lawyer.
The volunteer lawyers can provide general legal information. They cannot provide direct legal advice or legal assistance about your case.
In order to give legal advice, a lawyer would need more information and details than a short telephone call can provide.